Exerpt (click title for complete article):
Among the specific provisions:
- Labor cost increases in any year would be limited to the average percentage change of the state’s consumer price index for Anchorage over the prior five years.
- Employee health plans would all be the same. If a union has its own health plan, city contributions to the plan would be no higher than city spending on the plan sponsored by the municipality.
- All pay-for-performance incentive pay or longevity pay would be eliminated.
- If a union and management reached the end of negotiations with no agreement, their last offers would be presented to the Assembly, which would choose one or the other side but make no changes.
- Strikes would be prohibited.